Adjustment of the revision agenda of the nuclear units
Electrabel adjusted the end dates of the ongoing overhauls of Doel 1 – 2.
Doel 1 and 2 are currently in a planned overhaul. This long overhaul was planned in order to extend the exploitation of the units for ten more years.
As a result of an inspection program on a spare pipe of the back-up cooling water system of Doel 1, the necessary measures have been taken and have been extended preventively to Doel 2.
Taken into account these elements, the overhaul period has been prolonged and the unavailability will be extended to December 10 for Doel 1 and December 31 for Doel 2.
In concrete terms, the agenda of the planned overhauls in 2018 of the Belgian nuclear park changes as follows:
- Tihange 1: Unit operational. Scheduled revision from October 20 until November 28, 2018
- Tihange 2: Scheduled revision until October 31, 2018
- Tihange 3: Scheduled revision until September 30, 2018
- Doel 1 - Doel 2: Long-term revision in order to extend the exploitation of the units, scheduled until December 10, 2018 and December 31, 2018, respectively
- Doel 3: Unit operational
- Doel 4: Scheduled revision until December 15, 2018
0032 2 518 60 20
0032 2 519 51 69